Our Commitment to Quality
"Quality" can mean different things. At Vital Care, our Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance Department is led by experts in the field. The commitment to quality is visible throughout the culture of our organization, and throughout each pharmacy in the network.
Compounding and Dispensing Quality Control
- Our pharmacies are accredited by one or more nationally recognized accreditation organizations such as ACHC and HQAA for their compliance with Medicare quality standards and clinical infusion service standards.
- Our web based quality control system, Vital Care Apollo, clearly supports and documents each pharmacy's compliance with all United States Pharmacopeia (USP) regulations for sterile compounding.
- Online reference manuals provide any needed policy or procedure for patient care services, compounding, and multidisciplinary drug protocols.
- Skills checklists, and written online tests, are available for all compounding topics for thorough competency validation.
- Web based and onscreen PDF based form sets help assure an "accreditation ready" and comprehensive clinical record.
- Employee education manuals are available online, and download versions of booklets on every home infusion topic can be found. In addition web based video tutorials on many clinical and patient service topics are available.
- Patient education booklets on therapies, infusion related skills, and general home health topics are available to make patients more comfortable with their therapy.
- Our Clinical Review Board, comprised of nationally recognized clinicians in the field of home infusion, evaluate every policy, procedure, and product used by our pharmacies and listed on our web sites. Products are evaluated for effectiveness, compliance, ease of use, and safety.
Data Driven Improvement
- Knowing our pharmacies do a great job isn't enough. We collect patient outcome and patient satisfaction data from all our pharmacies. Data is aggregated to a national benchmark so that each pharmacy can evaluate their performance. Graphics and data tables are updated monthly on our internal franchise web portal so that system wide data is always available.
- Patient comments on satisfaction surveys are always submitted to the pharmacy owner for follow up. Staff members are pleased to read the positive comments we receive.
- Outcome reports, available upon request, can be generated system-wide or for individual pharmacies, and include metrics such as adverse drug reactions, rehospitalizations, medication related complications, catheter related complications, and more. Reports also can calculate total number of hospital days saved, and the percentage of patients that meet their therapeutic goals.